Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Lottery to decide H1B visas for 2008

Seems that the US Immigration services recieved more than 150,000 applications for 65,000 H1B visas during the first day itself. If u r lucky enough u cud get thru! I dont think its a good idea! I have applied for H1 and waiting for the results! This sys will not help the deserved candidates. I dont say that I am a deserved candidate and I shd get it. If I get, its my luck! There are lot more deserved candidates waiting in the queue. Hope the lottery system has some logic before selecting anyone!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi,

I'm a manager at a major US software company. We're trying to hire software engineers for a new group in Ireland that does core engineering work for some of the company's most significant new business opportunities.

I'm trying to get the word out to 2007 H1B applicants since there are no caps or quotas for IT talent in Ireland. The salary and cost of living are comparable to Boston or the Bay Area, so it's really a "US-class" opportunity for folks who might be on the losing side of this lottery.

Can you recommend some blogs or job sites I could post on?

Thanks,

Dan